Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010 - Day Two

We did a lot of shopping today, starting with Scheel's.

I was very disappointed to find of the time listed as the opening time online did not match the open time at the store. But we tossed in a breakfast at IHOP and then went back. I could have spent more time there but I wanted to get back on schedule.

Then we went to Men's Warehouse to get new work clothes for my brother. I have an eye for choosing ties so that's why I get to come along. I also get to provide a little but of the women's perspective. He spent a lot of money but that was really his main stop in Fargo and now that that's done he can get ready for IKEA.

After that we went to West Acres Mall, which is Fargo's main shopping centre. We skipped Macy's this time but did JC Penny, where I found some tops and a pair of shorts. And then I went to Layne Bryant. Found a few more tops. My brother also bought this board game that's sort of like chess called the Viking Game. We'll look at it more when we get home but we do love games and this one is a little out of the ordinary so it's probably going to be something no one has ever played before.We met up with my brother's friends for lunch and then stopped at Hot Topic in the mall (for them not for me, I hate Hot Topic), before heading out of the road to Minnesota.

The whole drive down towards Minneapolis I had one eye on the clock just to see if we were going to have time to stop in Albertville. We did make the time for it despite the slow zones for traffic and a couple of rest/fueling stops. I can't believe how cheap gas is down here. I mean I know it's cheap but it still gets me. We did Albertvillle a little differently than usual this time though, Most of the time we do the shoe stores first and then drive over to the "U" and walk from one end to the other and then back. This time we grabbed a map. Decided which stores we specifically wanted to go to the just drove the "U" to make sure we didn't miss anything. We still ended up going back to Guess though because my brother wanted a new belt.

Then it was off to Minneapolis. We got in around 7, checked in, cleaned up changed and went for supper at Outback Steak House. I guess the one here is probably the closest one to us now, since the one in Fargo closed. After supper I just came back to the room and messed on the internet and started this post before going to sleep at about 10, while the boys went out to the bar. I was sleeping when my brother came back last night so I don't know how the bar was. But I'll find out in about 4 hours when he wakes up.

Yeah today is a sleep in day, but it's gonna be a long day. IKEA around 1oam then the Mall of America for lunch and 4 scheduled hours at the Mall before driving all the way back to Fargo (and possibly further) for the night. And then home again, home again tomorrow. I can't believe the adventure is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment