Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010 - Day 3

Okay I'm doing this a day late but yesterday was a VERY long day. We got up at our hotel and visited the whirlpool/sauna which was locked so we had to go to the front desk to get them to open it. Then there were no towels in the area so I had to send my brother back to the front desk to get towels. The hot tub was nice but the sauna was not hot at all. Then we picked up my brother's friend at his hotel and drove to IKEA.

I hate IKEA. I like almost nothing in the entire store. It's just not my style of furniture. Although we did bring home a new TV stand. We were also going to get a new living room chair but it wasn't going to fit in the car so we had to leave it. My brother also wanted a giant kitchen table which expanded to become even more giant. And while we have a huge kitchen we rarely use the kitchen table and really we'd have to walk around it all the time, and well I'm lazy.

After IKEA we went to the Mall of America. My brother's friend took my brother's car to do some other errands in the city after lunch so my brother and I started to walk our way around the mall. Somewhere on the third floor we got convinced to do a survey. We got separated and did taste tests. I ate pasta and he got breakfast sausages. And then we got paid a couple bucks each for participating.

After that we did some more shopping and my brother's friend (let's call him Joey) caught up to us. And we headed back to Fargo. Part way back we had to stop for gas so we pulled off the interstate into a small town (with 2 gas stations) but both of them were closed. So back to the interstate and we found a larger centre with gas stations that were still open. By the time we drove back to Fargo it was around 9:30 and most of the eateries were closed.

Also when we stopped to pick up Joey's car at the Holiday Inn (where my brother and i had stayed the first night) I went in to see if I could pick up the sweatshirt I had left there by accident. I couldn't because housekeeping was gone for the day and all the lost and found articles are kept in housekeeping. While I was doing this the boys were switching Joey's purchases to his car and they were approached by a man who wanted a ride to his house in Fargo. We weren't quite sure what to do but Joey agreed to take him to his place after we had booked rooms for the night.

Then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for supper (I love BWW). Then the boys started drinking so we hung out and talked and stuff until about 1:45am when I decided we should go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment